Kalamazoo Klash XXII Featuring Kyle Busch Information Sheetkalamazoo
Presented by Boyne Machine & Enterprise Iron & Metal
Sweet Mfg. – Raceceiver – Lane Automotive – WZUU 92.5
Wednesday, August 13th – 6:30PM
(Rain date Thursday, August 14th)
Open Practice on Tuesday, August 12th 5:30-8:30 – Pit Gates Open at 4:30PM
Wednesday – Pit Gates Open at 9:00 & Hot Laps @ 1:00PM
2014 Klash A Feature Payout:$10,000 to Win-4000-2500-2250-2000-1500-1400-1300-1200-1100-1000-1000-1000-1000-1000-900-900-900-900-900-850 to start
The Klash Bash Last Chance Payout- The transfer cars will get $150 and transfer to the Klash ($1000 total guaranteed)!! $600 to the top non-transfer car -500-450-400-350-325-300 to start
Money in the Bank 125/Kalamazoo Klash XXII Combined Point Fund
The top ten average finishers between these two events will get to draw for these ten amounts:
Alliance Body Rules – Mufflers are Mandatory – 45” front & 46” rear overhang. 82” tread width measured outside to outside at the bottom of the tire. 72” body width at the rear – 76” width over rear tires – 82” wide over front tire. Max. 3” fender flares not to extend out past the edge of the tire. Spoiler max 72” x 8” tall clear material w/ 1” lip – 42” off the ground. Spoiler supports to be ¾” round tubing. 60% left & 2700lbs before qualifying & before each segment. 3035’s & 3045’s Hoosier Slicks – 8 Race Tire Limit. No Radios (except Raceceiver’s) of any kind! – No Mirrors – No Traction Control – No Tire Altering of any kind
No Nascar License or Rev Chip – No Entry Fee if pre-entered…..$50 entry fee day of the race!
Raceceiver’s are mandatory (Available for rent at the track for $60)
How the Klash Field will be Set:
Qualifying: The fastest 20 qualifiers will be locked into the race.
Position 21: Last Chance Winner: The Last Chance race winner will start 21st in the Kalamazoo Klash.
Position 22: Money in the Bank 125 Provisional: The highest finishing car in Wednesday July 30th’s “Money in the Bank 125” at Berlin Raceway that does not make the field through qualifying and finishes on the lead lap of the Last Chance race will get a provisional starting spot in the Klash. If no cars meet this requirement the position will go to the second place finisher in the last chance race.
Position 23: Kalamazoo Speedway Point Provisional: The highest driver in current Kalamazoo Speedway Outlaw Super Late Model point standings that finishes on the lead lap of the Last Chance without winning and does not get the “Money in the Bank 125” provisional will get the final starting position. If no drivers are eligible for this provisional the race will run with 22 cars.
Inversion:The inversion for the first segment of the Klash will be eight plus the roll of two dice. Essentially this will make the inversion between ten and twenty. The inversion for the Last Chance race will be the roll of one dice, making the inversion between one and six.
Tire Rules for the three segment 150 lap Klash:All teams will be allowed a total of 8 race tires for qualifying & racing of all three segments. You will qualify on 4 of your race tires (scuffed or stickers) and then it’s your call as to when you are going to put on your remaining 4 tires for the final two segments.
Segment 1 (50 Laps):At the end of the first segment the leader will roll two dice to determine the inversion for the second segment. The maximum inversion will be the number of cars on the lead lap. There will be a ten minute break before Segment 2 and all cars will need to be in the tech line when the ten minute clock expires. The winner of Segment 1 will collect $500 from WZUU 92.5.
Segment 2 (50 Laps):At the end of the second segment the leader will roll one dice to determine the inversion for the final segment. The maximum inversion will be the number of cars on the lead lap. There will be a ten minute break before the final segment and all cars will need to be in the tech line when the ten minute clock expires. The winner of Segment 2 will collect $500 from WZUU 92.5
Segment 3 (50 Laps):This will be the final segment and the entirety of the purse will be paid out based on the finishing positions in this final segment.
Simplified Klash Race Format/Rules
- Due to the large expected car counts, all cars will be parked in the infield and all trucks and trailers will be removed from the infield. Bring your easy-ups, tarps and war wagons….no trucks or trailers will be left in the infield.
- The qualifying order will be the determined by the speeds in the final Kalamazoo Klash practice session. The slowest car in the final practice will qualify first, while the fastest car in the final practice session will qualify last. If a car does not compete in the final practice session it will be the first car to qualify. If multiple cars do not compete in the final practice their order will be determined by a blind draw. If any car does not qualify in the position they are scheduled to, they will lose one lap of qualifying. If there is a tie in qualifying to the thousandth of a second, the tie breaker will be the car higher in the current Kalamazoo Speedway Outlaw Super Late Model point standings. If the tie is still not broken the next tie breaker will be the faster car from the final practice session. The final tie breaker will be a coin flip (2 drivers) or blind draw (3 or more drivers).
- Sweet Manufacturing will present the fast qualifier and the race winner each with a $100 product certificate.
- The top running eligible lapped car at each caution (and at each segment break) will receive the “Lucky Dog Free Pass”. A car is not eligible to receive the “Lucky Dog Free Pass” when, in judgment of the officials, 1) The car caused the caution 2) The car was in the pit area when the caution came out or 3) The car has been penalized with a discretionary call. In the case of a discretionary penalty, it will be made known to the competitor, at the time the discretionary penalty is imposed, that the car will not be eligible to receive the “Lucky Dog Free Pass” to make up the penalized lap(s). Transferring the “Lucky Dog Free Pass” will only occur when the first eligible car becomes ineligible to receive the “Lucky Dog Free Pass” because of a discretionary penalty, because the car pitted under the caution or because the first eligible car is not in competition at the time the yellow flag is displayed. Then the “Lucky Dog Free Pass” will be transferred to the next eligible car. There will not be a lucky dog on a “false start”.
- 150 laps – three segments of 50 laps, 50 laps and 50 laps with ten minute breaks between the segments.
- All Double File restarts, even in the Last Chance race. The leader will choose their lane and the second place car will fill the other position on the front row. Starting with 3rd place on back odd numbered positions will line up on the inside and even numbered positions will line up on the outside. In the event there is a car being sent to the tail, a lucky dog and a car coming out of the pits, they will be lined up in that order.
- Tire rule will be the Hoosier 3035/3045 slick purchased from the track on August 13th.
- Please email your entry ASAP to firstname.lastname@example.org. Put “Klash Entry” in the subject line. Include full name of driver, car #, home town and car owner. Pre-entry is FREE up until 8:30pm on Tuesday, August 12. Entries taken after that time will be subject to a $50 entry fee.