Presented by Boyne Machine & Enterprise Iron & Metal
Sweet Mfg. – Raceceiver – Lane Automotive – AllStar Performance
Wednesday, August 14th – 7PM
(Rain date Thursday, August 15th)
Open Practice on Tuesday, August 13th 5:30-9:00 – Pit Gates Open at 4PM
Wednesday – Pit Gates Open at Noon & Hot Laps @ 2:30PM
2013 Klash A Feature Payout: $10,000 to Win 3000-2200-2100-2000-1500-1300-1200-1100-1000-900-800-750 to start
The Klash Bash B Feature Payout- $1,250 to Win
800-600-500-450-400-375-350-325-300 to start
$1000 Bonus to the driver who has the highest combined finish in both the Outlaw & Template Late Models
Alliance Rules – 60% left & 2700lbs – 3035’s & 3045’s Hoosier Slicks – 6 Race Tire Limit No Two Way Radio’s – No Mirrors – No Traction Control – No Tire Altering of any kind
No Rev Chip Rule – No Entry Fee for anyone pre-entered…..$50 entry fee day of the race!
Raceceiver’s are mandatory (Available for rent at the track for $60)
How the Klash Field will be Set:
Qualifying: The fastest 20 qualifiers will be locked into the race.
Position 21: Kalamazoo Klash Tune-Up Provisional: The highest finishing car in Saturday August 10th’s Kalamazoo Klash Tune-Up that does not make the field through qualifying will get a provisional starting spot in the Klash.
Position 22: Klash Bash ‘B’ Feature: The Klash Bash ‘B’ Feature winner will have the option to run the Kalamazoo Klash if they are willing to forfeit their ‘B’ Feature pay in exchange for a starting spot in the ‘A’ Feature. If the winner chooses not to transfer to the Klash, we will offer this to the 2nd place finisher.
Position 23: Kalamazoo Speedway Point Provisional: The highest driver in current Kalamazoo Speedway Outlaw Super Late Model point standings that finishes on the lead lap of the ‘B’ Feature but does not win will get the final starting position.
Simplified Klash Race Format/Rules
- Due to the large expected car counts, all cars will be parked in the infield and all trucks and trailers will be removed from the infield. Bring your easy-ups, tarps and war wagons….no trucks or trailers will be left in the infield.
- The qualifying order will be the determined by the speeds in the final Kalamazoo Klash practice session. The slowest car in the final practice will qualify first, while the fastest car in the final practice session will qualify last. If a car does not compete in the final practice session it will be the first car to qualify. If multiple cars do not compete in the final practice their order will be determined by a blind draw. If any car does not qualify in the position they are scheduled to, they will lose one lap of qualifying. If there is a tie in qualifying to the thousandth of a second, the tie breaker will be the car higher in the current Kalamazoo Speedway Outlaw Super Late Model point standings. If the tie is still not broken the next tie breaker will be the faster car from the final practice session. The final tie breaker will be a coin flip (2 drivers) or blind draw (3 drivers).
- The top running eligible lapped car at each caution (and at the 100 lap break) will receive the “Lucky Dog Free Pass”. A car is not eligible to receive the “Lucky Dog Free Pass” when, in judgment of the officials, 1) The car caused the caution 2) The car was in the pit area when the caution came out or 3) The car has been penalized with a discretionary call. In the case of a discretionary penalty, it will be made known to the competitor, at the time the discretionary penalty is imposed, that the car will not be eligible to receive the “Lucky Dog Free Pass” to make up the penalized lap(s). Transferring the “Lucky Dog Free Pass” will only occur when the first eligible car becomes ineligible to receive the “Lucky Dog Free Pass” because of a discretionary penalty, because the car pitted under the caution or because the first eligible car is not in competition at the time the yellow flag is displayed. Then the “Lucky Dog Free Pass” will be transferred to the next eligible car. There will not be a lucky dog on a “false start”.
- 150 laps – two segments of 100 laps & 50 laps, with a short break between the two segments.
- All Double File restarts, even in the Klash Bash ‘B’ Feature. The leader will choose their lane and the second place car will fill the other position on the front row. Starting with 3rd place on back odd numbered positions will line up on the inside and even numbered positions will line up on the outside. In the event there is a car being sent to the tail, a lucky dog and a car coming out of the pits, they will be lined up in that order.
- Tire rule will be the Hoosier 3035/3045 slick purchased from the track on August 13th or 14th. Any Race Tires purchased from the track on the 13th will be impounded overnight.
- Please email your entry to email@example.com, put “Klash Entry” in the subject line. Include: Full Name of Driver, Car #, Hometown & Car Owner