Pro Stock Bash Information Sheetkalamazoo
Wednesday, June 13th – 7PM
(Rain date Thursday, June 14)
Open Practice on Tuesday, June 12th 5:30-8:30 – Pit Gates Open at 5PM
Wednesday – Pit Gates Open at 1PM & Hot Laps at 3PM
2012 Pro Stock Bash A Feature Payout: $1,500-700-550-500-450-375-350-325-300-275-250-225-200-175-150 to start
Dash Bash Last Chance Race Payouts:
32 cars or less: Transfer-Transfer-Transfer-Transfer-$120-115-110-105-100 on back
33 cars or more: (2 Last Chance Races): Transfer-Transfer-Transfer-Transfer-$120-115-110-105-100 on back
How the Pro Stock Bash Field will be Set:
Qualifying: The fastest 20 qualifiers will be locked into the race if there are 32 cars or less. The fastest 16 qualifiers will be locked into the race if there are 33 cars or more.
Last Chance(s): After qualifying, all cars not locked in will be split into either one or two Last Chance events. If there are 32 cars or less, there will be one Last Chance race and the top four finishers will advance. If there are 33 cars or more, there will be odd and even last chance races. The top four finishers from each last chance race will advance to the Klash.
Simplified Pro Stock Bash Race Format/Rules
- The qualifying order will be the determined by the speeds in the final Pro Stock Bash practice session. The slowest driver in the final practice will qualify first, while the fastest car in the final practice session will qualify last. If a car does not compete in the final practice session it will be the first car to qualify. If multiple cars do not compete in the final practice their order will be determined by a blind draw. If any car does not qualify in the position they are scheduled to, they will lose one lap of qualifying. If there is a tie in qualifying to the thousandth of a second, the tie breaker will be the car higher in the current Kalamazoo Speedway Pro Stock point standings. If the tie is still not broken the next tie breaker will be the faster car from the final practice session. The final tie breaker will be a coin flip (2 drivers) or blind draw (3 drivers).
- 50 laps – two segments of 30 laps & 20 laps, with a short break between the two segments. During the break the race leader will pull a pill for the inversion. The pills to pull from will be 6-1’s, 5-2’s, 4-3’s, 3-4’s, 2-5’s and 1-6.
- All Double File restarts, even in the Last Chance races. The leader will choose their lane and the second place car will fill the other position on the front row. Starting with 3rd place on back odd numbered positions will line up on the inside and even numbered positions will line up on the outside. In the event there is a car being sent to the tail, a lucky dog and a car coming out of the pits, they will be lined up in that order.
- Tire rule will unsoaked and unaltered 8” Hoosier treaded tires 970’s-880’s-800’s or 790’s
- Raceceiver’s are mandatory. They will be available for rent at the track for $60.
- There will be a practice on Tuesday June 12th
- All cars will race on the four tires that you qualify on……no changing tires at the break.
- The top running eligible lapped car at each caution (and at the 30 lap break) will receive the “Lucky Dog Free Pass”. A car is not eligible to receive the “Lucky Dog Free Pass” when, in judgment of the officials, 1) The car caused the caution 2) The car was in the pit area when the caution came out or 3) The car has been penalized with a discretionary call. In the case of a discretionary penalty, it will be made known to the competitor, at the time the discretionary penalty is imposed, that the car will not be eligible to receive the “Lucky Dog Free Pass” to make up the penalized lap(s). Transferring the “Lucky Dog Free Pass” will only occur when the first eligible car becomes ineligible to receive the “Lucky Dog Free Pass” because of a discretionary penalty, because the car pitted under the caution or because the first eligible car is not in competition at the time the yellow flag is displayed. Then the “Lucky Dog Free Pass” will be transferred to the next eligible car.