Kalamazoo Klash XXIII Information Sheetkalamazoo
Kalamazoo Klash XXIII
$60,000 Klash Kash
Outlaw Super Lates & ARCA/CRA Jegs Super Series
Sponsored by Boyne Machine – Enterprise Iron & Metal – Sweet Mfg.
Twin 125 Lapper’s…..Twin $5000 To Win Payoff’s
125 Green Flag Laps – No Breaks – No Gimmicks – No Bullsh~t
Let’s Just Go Racin’!
Wednesday, August 12th – 7:00PM (Rain date Thursday, August 13th)
Open Practice on Tuesday, August 11th 5:30-8:30 – Pit Gates Open at 4:30PM
Wednesday – Pit Gates Open at 11:00AM & Hot Laps at 1:30PM
Outlaw Super Lates 2015 Klash A Feature Payout: $5,000 to Win 2500-2200-2100-2000-1500-1300-1200-1100-1000-900-875-850-825-800-750 to start
The Klash Bash Last Chance Payout- The transfer cars will get $150 and transfer to the Klash ($900 total guaranteed)!! $600 to the top non-transfer car -500-450-400-350-325-300 to start
Four Race Tire Max. – $540 – Must Qualify & Race on the same 4 Tires
Alliance Body Rules – Mufflers are Mandatory – 45” front & 46” rear overhang. 82” tread width measured outside to outside at the bottom of the tire. 72” body width at the rear – 76” width over rear tires – 82” wide over front tire. No body panels over 83” wide including the splitter or front fender flares. Max. 3” fender flares not to extend out past the edge of the tire. Spoiler max. 72”x 8” tall clear material w/ 1” lip – 42” off the ground. Spoiler supports to be ¾” round tubing. 60% left & 2700lbs before qualifying & before the start of the race. 3035’s & 3045’s Hoosier Slicks – 4 Race Tire Limit. No Tire Altering of any kind. No Radios of any kind – No Mirrors – No Traction Control – Raceceiver’s are mandatory
No Nascar License or Rev Chip – No Entry Fee if pre-entered…..$50 entry fee day of the race!
How the Klash Field will be Set:
Qualifying: The fastest 20 qualifiers will be locked into the race.
Position 21: Last Chance Winner: The Last Chance race winner will start 21st in the Kalamazoo Klash.
Position 22: Kalamazoo Speedway Point Provisional: The highest driver in current Kalamazoo Speedway Outlaw Super Late Model point standings that finishes on the lead lap of the Last Chance without winning will get the final starting position. If no drivers are eligible for this provisional the race will run with 21 cars.
Inversion: The inversion for the Klash will be eight plus the roll of two dice. Essentially this will make the inversion between ten and twenty. The inversion for the Last Chance race will be the roll of one dice, making the inversion between one and six.
Race Format – This year’s Klash will be a 125 lap race with no breaks. There will be a competition caution at lap 100. If there has been a caution after lap 75, the competition caution will not take place.
Tire Rules for the 125 lap Klash: All teams will be allowed a total of 4 race tires for qualifying and racing.
Simplified Klash Race Format/Rules
- Due to the large expected car counts, all cars will be parked in the infield and all trucks and trailers will be removed from the infield. Bring your easy-ups, tarps and war wagons….no trucks or trailers will be left in the infield.
- The qualifying order will be the determined by the speeds in the final Kalamazoo Klash practice session. The slowest car in the final practice will qualify first, while the fastest car in the final practice session will qualify last. If a car does not compete in the final practice session it will be the first car to qualify. If multiple cars do not compete in the final practice their order will be determined by a blind draw. If any car does not qualify in the position they are scheduled to, they will lose one lap of qualifying. If there is a tie in qualifying to the thousandth of a second, the tie breaker will be the car higher in the current Kalamazoo Speedway Outlaw Super Late Model point standings. If the tie is still not broken the next tie breaker will be the faster car from the final practice session. The final tie breaker will be a coin flip (2 drivers) or blind draw (3 or more drivers).
- The top running eligible lapped car at each caution (and at each segment break) will receive the “Lucky Dog Free Pass”. A car is not eligible to receive the “Lucky Dog Free Pass” when, in judgment of the officials, 1) The car caused the caution 2) The car was in the pit area when the caution came out or 3) The car has been penalized with a discretionary call. In the case of a discretionary penalty, it will be made known to the competitor, at the time the discretionary penalty is imposed, that the car will not be eligible to receive the “Lucky Dog Free Pass” to make up the penalized lap(s). Transferring the “Lucky Dog Free Pass” will only occur when the first eligible car becomes ineligible to receive the “Lucky Dog Free Pass” because of a discretionary penalty, because the car pitted under the caution or because the first eligible car is not in competition at the time the yellow flag is displayed. Then the “Lucky Dog Free Pass” will be transferred to the next eligible car. There will not be a lucky dog on a “false start”.
- 125 laps with no breaks. There will be a competition caution at lap 100. If there has been a caution after lap 75, the competition caution will not take place. Tire rule will be the Hoosier 3035/3045 slick purchased from the track on August 12th.
- All Double File restarts, even in the Last Chance race. The leader will choose their lane and the second place car will fill the other position on the front row. Starting with 3rd place on back odd numbered positions will line up on the inside and even numbered positions will line up on the outside. In the event there is a car being sent to the tail, a lucky dog and a car coming out of the pits, they will be lined up in that order.
- Please email your entry ASAP to firstname.lastname@example.org. Put “Klash Entry” in the subject line. Include full name of driver, car #, home town and car owner. Pre-entry is FREE up until 8:30pm on Tuesday, August 11. Entries taken after that time will be subject to a $50 entry fee.