Stake Your Claim for your Super Shoe Campsite this SUNDAY at 2PM Sharpkalamazoo
***Take Notice of the Date Change for Campsite Reservation Day***
Due to the growing popularity of the Super Shoe Nationals as well as being limited on how much camping space we can take up……… below are listed several reminders of our weekend camping policies. First, we will go over once again how the campsites will be given out.
- On Sunday, September 27th (Not Saturday as previously printed) at 2PM, there will be a “Shot Gun Start” and patrons on foot only will be allowed to run to reserve their pit spots. Please be respectful of other people as you race to reserve your spots. No stakes will be allowed to be put out early, as we will remove any stakes at 1:50 before we release the would be campers to find their campsites!
- Each camping spot is going to be figured at approximately 20’ wide x 50’ deep. We will not and cannot allow a 100’ x 100’ area to be roped off for 3 or 4 campers……we no longer have the room to do this. If you are roping off an area for 4 or more camper units, get with your group of campers ahead of time and collect their clean up fee money as you must pay for all of your spots on the day you rope off your reserved camping area.
- Go ahead & get your spot marked out & such but do not rope off a huge area & just leave the property with a half a mile of caution tape spewed all over. Get with our people at the office trailer out front and make arrangements to pay & pick up your camping passes at that time. Failure to check in at the office trailer without paying for your clean up/camping pass for each spot before leaving may result in losing of your space.
- There will be no saving excessively large camping spots for extra party space or an area to park your car haulers (we have space across the road for parking of trucks/trailers). Anyone sleeping in their enclosed car trailer will need a camping pass for that trailer. No sites will be allowed to have extra car trailers or haulers on their site.
- New for 2015 – “Homestead Signs” – We would request that all reserved campsites have a pre-made weather proof sign that you post in the middle of your reserved area so we have an idea who’s site is who’s. It can be as simple as a laminated sheet of paper tacked to a pc of plywood or even a pc of plywood with your name & cell number spray painted on it………or you can get real crazy with your Homestead Sign. But have your sign made ahead of time so you can post it before you leave the speedway grounds on Sunday! Get creative with your “Homestead Signs”…….the most original sign will win 4 free tickets for Sundays Super Shoe XXIX!!
- The Camping Pass/Clean-Up Fee is $50 for the entire race weekend. They again will include two $12 general admission tickets to Saturday race event. These tickets are good for Saturday’s grandstands only; they have no cash value & will not be traded for any other race day general admission ticket or be traded toward a pit pass.
- All Golf Cart/ATV rules will strictly be enforced; no drivers under the age of 14 will be allowed-no driving over 10mph – All carts will be parked at midnight on every night. If you are caught going against these rules, your cart/ATV will be impounded for the weekend or you will be asked to leave the property for the remainder of the weekend.
- Super Shoe XXIX will be a fantastic weekend but there are rules that must be followed to keep this event alive & well!! The Kalamazoo County Mounted Division, the Kalamazoo County Sherriff’s Department, as well as the Alamo Fire Department will be patrolling the campground the entire weekend keeping an eye on fire lanes, excessive sized camp fires, excessive partying & generally unruly behavior.
- The Kalamazoo Speedway Staff as well as the Kalamazoo County Sherriff’s Department has the right to have you escorted off our property for Super Shoe Weekend. Absolutely no fighting or under aged alcohol consumption will be tolerated or allowed on Kalamazoo Speedway property!