Boyne Machine Shootout Information Sheet
Boyne Machine Shootout Information Sheet
Presented by Enterprise Iron & Metal
(Run in conjunction with Kalamazoo Klash XXI)
Wednesday, August 14th – 7PM
(Rain date Thursday, August 15th)
Open Practice on Tuesday, August 13th 5:00-9:00 – Pit Gate Open at 4PM
Wednesday – Pit Gate Open at Noon & Hot Laps @ 2:30
2013 Boyne Machine Shootout “A” Feature $7,500 To Win-2000-1500-1250-1000-900-800-700-600-575-500 to start
Berlin Template Late Model/JEGS CRA All-Stars Tour Rules
How the Boyne Machine Shootout Field will be Set:
The fastest 20 qualifiers will be locked into the race.
Position 21 will be the highest driver in Berlin Template Late Model Points who fails to make the top 20 qualifiers
Position 22 will be the highest driver in JEGS CRA All-Stars Tour Points who fails to make the top 20 qualifier
Position 23: The Boyne Machine Shootout ‘B’ Feature winner will have the option to run the Boyne Machine Shootout if they are willing to forfeit their ‘B’ Feature pay in exchange for a starting spot in the ‘A’ Feature.
Simplified Boyne Machine Shootout Race Format/Rules
- Due to the large expected car counts, all cars will be parked in the infield and all trucks and trailers will be removed from the infield. Bring your easy-ups, tarps and war wagons….no trucks or trailers will be left in the infield.
- The qualifying order will be the determined by the speeds in the final Boyne Machine Shootout practice session. The slowest car in the final practice will qualify first, while the fastest car in the final practice session will qualify last. If a car does not compete in the final practice session it will be the first car to qualify. If multiple cars do not compete in the final practice their order will be determined by a blind draw. If any car does not qualify in the position they are scheduled to, they will lose one lap of qualifying. If there is a tie in qualifying to the thousandth of a second, the tie breaker will be the faster car from the final practice session. The final tie breaker will be a coin flip (2 drivers) or blind draw (3 drivers).
- The top running eligible lapped car at each caution will receive the “Lucky Dog Free Pass”. A car is not eligible to receive the “Lucky Dog Free Pass” when, in judgment of the officials, 1) The car caused the caution 2) The car was in the pit area when the caution came out or 3) The car has been penalized with a discretionary call. In the case of a discretionary penalty, it will be made known to the competitor, at the time the discretionary penalty is imposed, that the car will not be eligible to receive the “Lucky Dog Free Pass” to make up the penalized lap(s). Transferring the “Lucky Dog Free Pass” will only occur when the first eligible car becomes ineligible to receive the “Lucky Dog Free Pass” because of a discretionary penalty, because the car pitted under the caution or because the first eligible car is not in competition at the time the yellow flag is displayed. Then the “Lucky Dog Free Pass” will be transferred to the next eligible car. There will not be a lucky dog on a “false start”.
- 100 Laps – No breaks
- All Double File restarts, even in the Boyne Machine Shootout ‘B’ Feature. The leader will choose their lane and the second place car will fill the other position on the front row. Starting with 3rd place on back odd numbered positions will line up on the inside and even numbered positions will line up on the outside. In the event there is a car being sent to the tail, a lucky dog and a car coming out of the pits, they will be lined up in that order.
- Tire rule will be the same as Berlin Raceway’s Super Late Model division.
- Rules will be the same as Berlin Raceway’s Super Late Model rules. They can be found here http://www.berlinraceway.com/html/slmrules.html.
- No Entry Fee for anyone pre-entered…..$50 entry fee day of the race!
- Please email your entry to firstname.lastname@example.org, put “Boyne Shootout Entry” in the subject line. Include: Full Name of Driver, Car #, Hometown & Car Owner
- Raceceiver’s are mandatory. They will be available for rent at the track for $60.