Tire Amendment for the Remainder of the 2013 Season at Kalamazoo Speedway
As Kalamazoo Speedway looks to the future to continue to run our top two divisions as a weekly class and not turn these hi-dollar cars into a bi weekly or even less class, we must stay with an affordable tire that our drivers can use for multi weeks. We have had our challenges finding this tire over the last year or so, but after today’s Hoosier tire test, it would appear that Hoosier’s old reliable “970” is back on track to holding up to the high temps & rough track surface that Kalamazoo Speedway throws at its race teams each week. So starting this Saturday (June 1st), here is the revised weekly tire policy for our Outlaw Super Late Models (OSLM) as well as our Super Stocks for the remainder of the season.
- The tire rule will be the Hoosier 970 or the Hoosier 970R
- NO Altering or Tire Soaking of any kind.
- The OSLM will continue their 2 tire per night tire impound, as they have done for the past 10 seasons.
- Any OSLM may buy 4 new tires the first week they run a point race from June 1st on, and will then be on our regular two tires per week rotation.
- You may run any combination of the Hoosier tires mentioned above to help deplete any excess tire inventory you may still have.
- Extra tires will still be allowed to be purchased for 75 or 100 lap races, as per the rule for each race.
Special Race Tires
Klash Tires for the Outlaw Super Late Models – TBD (6 Race Tires for the 150 lap event)
Klash Tires for the Template Late Models – TBD (Four Race Tires for 100 lap event)
Super Stock Klash Tires will be the 970 or the 970R
Pro Stock Open ran during the Super Stock Klash will be on the 970, 970R, 800