Welcome Back to the Zoo in 2011
As the yards are bare of that nasty white stuff and even the big snow piles at Wal-Mart are almost gone, that only tells us one thing; that the cars will soon be burnin’ rubber & kickin’ a** around the high banks of Kalamazoo Speedway! We are only about 3 weeks from our first open practice…..things are gonna be cool in 2011 at the Zoo!!
I have a few general reminders I want to go over….first off being our New Website for 2011! It’s a fresh new look and once you learn to navigate it from top to bottom, you will see it has many more features than last year’s site and will be a huge marketing tool for Kalamazoo Speedway.
Next I want to remind everyone about the Meet & Greet on Saturday, March 26th, at the Fast Trax Bar & Grill located below the Club Car Restaurant just around the corner from the track on D Ave. Snacks will be furnished; there will be beer specials all night long as well as a full cash bar. This will be the perfect night to get your pre-season paper work taken care of, such as your driver registration forms, your NASCAR licenses, season pit passes or reserving your pit parking spots. Instead of standing in line on opening night, let’s get the paperwork taken care of at the Meet & Greet & get your car out on the track hot lapping!
The rules for minors in the pits or minors driving a car are changing. New for 2011, any person 14-17 years old who plans on getting a pit pass needs to have a notarized minor release on file, signed by both legal guardians. These release forms will be available at the meet & greet. No pit passes will be issued to any minor before this notarized release has been turned into the office. Also new for 2011, minors who are 12 or 13 years old will be allowed to purchase a pit pass for the upper or the third pit area only; however 14 years old will still be the youngest age allowed in the lower infield pit area.
Unless you live under a rock, I’m sure you have heard about the new quarter midget track being built on the speedway property, approximately 25’ north of turn three. The Little Kalamazoo Speedway will be a great asset to the big track & promises to keep short track drivers coming up through the ranks as the drivers hit 14 years old. Log on to www.littlekalamazoospeedway.com to view some drawings of the new track as well as getting all of the contact info you need to get the answers to all of your questions about quarter midget racing at the Zoo!
Here are a few bullet points for our racers check list:
· All drivers are required to have their NASCAR License by Opening Night…..crew members & owners are highly recommended to purchase a license for the added insurance if these people are in the pits each week.
· Super & Pro Stock Drivers: let’s keep those bodies straight up & stock….this means no down-force nose pieces or jacked up quarter panels
· No Tire Soak of any kind in any class on any tire allowed at Kalamazoo Speedway period!
· Cyber Stocks…..watch out for what tires you are buying……no trick or low profile tires are allowed. No Z rated or summer only tires. If you are spending over $90 on a tire, it’s a good chance it is an outlaw tire & might end up going on your mom’s street car!
· If you think you have a reserved pit spot for 2011, these must be paid for at the meet & greet or they will go on the auction block.
· Tire prices for 2011 are as follows: 970’s will be $110 and 800’s will be $100. Both prices include sales tax, mounting & dismounting.
· Pit Pass Prices will be as follows:
* All Nascar Members will be $25
* Non Nascar Members will be $30
* A 10 punch Pit Pass Punch Card is available for $230 ($23 per pit pass)
* A 15 punch Pit Pass Punch Card is available for $330 ($22 per pit pass)
* A 20 punch Pit Pass Punch Card is available for $420 ($21 per pit pass)
* A 25 punch Pit Pass Punch Card is available for $500 ($20 per pit pass)
To purchase a Nascar member punch card you must show proof of a Nascar license or turn in application at the time of purchasing the punch card.
Keep in mind Pit Pass Punch Cards can be used on any event & can be used for more than one person at any given event. If you want 3 people to use your punch card on a given night, we would simply punch three spots off your card; they are not date specific.
If you have any questions concerning any rules, policies, schedule dates or anything pertaining to Kalamazoo Speedway, feel free to contact us by phone, e-mail or on Facebook. The office number is 269-692-2423; e-mail is email@example.com or go to the Kalamazoo Speedway Fan page on Facebook. Thank you all & see you at the first open practice on April 9th!!